Rs 45 / 100km … Mini CAT , Thats what a car should be.
Now Tata Motors huge business have signed an agreement with the Moteur Development International of France to develop a car that runs on compressed air. Although the commercial production start date is still not confirmed , but is expected to come soonest possible in India. All thanks to Mr.Guy Nègre, the inventor.
The Mini CAT as named by the company, is expected to cost around 3.5 lacs and can run 300km at a single stretch before a refuel. Whats more amazing is the refueling cost, i.e. 90 Rs
Important features of the car
* Maximum speed : 220 kmph .
* Fibreglass bodies which makes them light, silent car . Tubular in design uses aerospace technology.
* a small computer screen that shows the speed and engine revolutions. The system allows for possibilities such as GSM telephone systems, GPS satellite tracking systems, programs for delivery people, emergency systems, internet connections, voice recognitions, map presentation, traffic information, etc.
* Both parts of the seat belts are anchored to the floor for avoiding damage to humans during collisions.
* MDI has bought a patent that is bound to reduce the important of electrical systems in all cars. The trick consists in using a small radio signal. The system makes the car 20 kilos lighter and considerably quieter.
* There are no keys – just an access card that can be read by the car from your pocket.
* In the single energy mode MDI cars consume around Rs 45 every 100 km .
* When there is no combustion, there is no pollution. The vehicle’s driving range is close to twice that of the most advanced electric cars (from 200 to 300 km or 8 hours of circulation).
* The recharging of the car will be done at gas stations, once the market is developed. To fill the tanks it will take about to 2 to 3 minutes at a price of Rs 90. After refilling the car will be ready to driver 200 kms.
* The car also has a small compressor that can be connected to an electrical network (220V or 380V) and will recharged the tanks completely in 3 or 4 hours.
* Because the engine does not burn any fuel the car’s oil (a litre of vegetable) only needs to be changed every 50,000 km .
* The temperature of the clean air expelled form the exhaust pipe is between 0 and 15 degrees below zero and can be subsequently channeled and used for air conditioning in the interior of the car.
Now thats what i am waiting for after the iPhone !!