Solution – Crimson Room
Solution to the famous Crimson Room Puzzle posted on 9th June 2007
Firstly you need to know a four digit code that is different for different computers at http://takagism.fasco-cs.com/yellow_chamber.html. Now go about for the solution as below
- Click anywhere to leave the ceiling viewpoint and get to the first screen.
- Click on the right wall to turn and face the window.
- Click the curtains once and pick up the silver key on the window ledge.
- Click the curtains a five more times and something will drop out of them. Pick up the thick ring.
- Click the curtains again and then the pillow (bottom-right) to turn towards the bed.
- Click the pillow and pick up the golden key.
- Look at the diagonal edge between yellow and white at the bottom left of your screen. Click just to the yellow side of this line to be taken to a viewpoint down the side of the bed. Pick up the metal stick.
- Click the pillow again to return to the bed viewpoint.
- Click at the foot of the bed to face the blank wall.
- Look at the diagonal edge between red and purple at the bottom left of your screen – the one nearer the centre. Click slightly to the purple side of this line to see another part of the bed. Pick up the battery.
- Click the red wall to be taken to the chest of drawers viewpoint.
- Click the shadow under the chest of drawers to look underneath it. Pick up the cassette.
- Click the chest of drawers to go back to the chest of drawers viewpoint.
- Click the golden key and use it on the left-hand keyhole to open it. Open the drawer and take the power cable.
- Click the silver key and use it on the right-hand keyhole to open it. Open the drawer and take the red box.
- Click the dish to look closer at it. Pick up the thin ring.
- Click the speaker on the left to look at the CD player. Click the power cable and use it on the CD player. Click the power button (top left) to turn it on. Click the CD drawer to open it. Pick up the third key.
- Click the red box. Put the thick ring in the circular hole on the left, the thin ring in the hole on the right, and the metal stick in the long hole. Click the lid to open it.
- Put the battery in the space next to the other battery, the cassette in the cassette-shaped hole, and click the lens to play a video.
- Watch carefully through the video. Towards the end, the man will stop dancing and point at a small area on the screen. A tiny crosshair will flash here several times. Position your mouse pointer over the crosshair and wait for the end of the video.
- Click the otherwise unremarkable area of wall where the crosshair was three times. A red square will outline itself on the wall. Click it to open it and reveal a safe.
- Click the safe to look closer at it. Click the numbers to set the combination to the four-digit number you learned in the Yellow Chamber. Use the third key on the keyhole to open it. Pick up the screwdriver.
- Click the red wall on the right to return to the chest of drawers viewpoint. Click the blue door (bottom right) to look at the door. Click the door again to look closer at the doorknob.
- Use the screwdriver on the doorknob to remove it. Click the hole it leaves behind to open the door…